As an intern for Road Runner Promotions under Atlantic Records, I learned the undeniable value of nurturing relationships and how to effectively promote a release to radio. Here, I used Music Connect, Soundscan, and Shazaam to track quintessential analytics such as airplay and streaming numbers. What did I do these numbers? Use these numbers and market data to predict trends, play up strengths, and look for opportunities to increase airplay. Additionally, I created graphics to coincide with track releases as well as drafted press releases.
A rundown of responsibilities include:
– Tracked daily/weekly airplay, streaming, and chart numbers using tracking software MediaBase and Nielsen BDS/Insights
– Analyzed market data for airplay, streaming, chart, and Shazam numbers to use in pitches to radio to add/increase airplay
– Create, pitch and execute promotional products/events to radio for artist releases
– Create email blasts to satellite/local radio including art, statistics, and accolades
– Perform assistant duties; manning the phone, expenses, and travel booking
– Worked on promotional initiatives for Lil Uzi and Meek Mill